Today is Tuesday and I’m off to and Interesting start to the week. Unfortunately losing all motivation I accumulated all week last week. And starting very slow. I’ve got 1 big assignment left, and that’s a 2000 word essay for finance, I’ll chip away at slowly this week.
On another note, all the hard work I put in last week paid off, getting my assignment I. On time, and completing two tests, I managed to pass finance with a B and property construction with a B+ so I am very happy with those results 😊
Will continue to try and regain some motivation for uni, unfortunately I find myself wanting to party more then anything. But with 3 weeks left before exams it is probably not the wisest thing to do.
Everytime i doubt myself, i try and remember that there is no guide to life, everyone is doing the best they know. 😊
So I’ve been writing in this blog for almost a month now, and I have already felt it has added alot of value to my days.
Openly reflecting on the day been, showing gratitude for the blessings thoughout my day. Constructively criticizing myself in hindsight, learning from possible mistakes. And just being more consciously aware of where I am heading. All of these have been a great tool to fast track me in the direction I want to go. Because at the end day no one know what they’re doing were all just doing the best we can.
Even though I find my self in a rut at the moment, with my loss of motivation. I know my motivation will vary from time to time, and that’s ok 😊 can’t be to hard on yourself.
Changed up the title.. original right..
It’s the end of a long week and I’m happy it’s done, and proud of how I handled it, managed to gym 3 times, go to all my lectures, hand in a 30% assignment, did a 25% test and a 33% test today, and go snowboarding. So it was a good week.
However I’m super exhausted after all this and just want to sleep, so I can enjoy a night out with my friends this weekend, gonna chuck on a movie and go to sleep early 😊
I’m beginning to think I should name my post something different, more relevant to something in the post, but then again, what I post are my thoughts for that particular day. So the title is relevant.. whell see how creative I feel next post.
So the past few days have been a little crazy, handed in a 30% property valuation report and also did a 25% finance test.. all of which were quite mentally demanding and stressful to say the least. But feeling a huge sense of relief now they’re done, now I just wait and see if my grades reflect my effort (hope so).
After all the madness that was uni, I decided I’m gonna do something for me. So I called up a friend and told him we’re gonna go snowboarding at snow planet (huge I door snow park, kinda like a giant freezer) with the snow sports club. Which was so much fun. Had no idea what I was doing to be honest. I’ve been snow boarding once before many years ago now. And it was on my list of things to do this year. So made the most of an exciting afternoon, and it didn’t take long before I was attempting the biggest jump in the snow park. I say attempting because for whatever reason I kept bailing, the only advice I got was “more speed, bend your knees” and as you can imagine my friends told me to boost down as fast as I can and hit the biggest jump.. so I did.. only to do half a back flip and land on my head in front of everyone.. and to my surprise it could of gone alot worse, just picked myself up and kept trying until I got it. Thank god I was wearing a helmet and I didnt actually get hurt.
Unfortunately I didn’t end up taking any photos like I planned to, Because my phone died. But I have lots of good memories, and hope to go again sometime in the next few weeks when my body recovers.
For now I have to focus back on my uni and crush the upcoming assignments and 33% test tomorrow morning, I should be studying for, but instead I’m procrastinating by posting.
It’s been an awesome few days, so here a few things I’m grateful for:
- I’m grateful I didn’t hurt myself snowboarding, only aches and pains that’ll pass with rest.
- I’m grateful Im another test/ assignment closer to finishing this semester.
- I’m grateful that i have the opportunity to do these cool things, many people do not.
- I’m grateful for having a good bunch of friends around me at uni.
- I’m grateful for getting good sleeps lately. Been waking up in great moods, happy and motivated and rested.
On another note, I ate 40 donuts today.. no reason in particular. They were nice. Felt kind of sick afterwards though. No regrets though.
Today been a good day, another big 12 hour day at uni, topping it off by walking home in the rain, but dispite the big day bad weather and impending doom of deadlines, Im feeling good, haven’t let anything break my spirit of affect my mood today. Been happy all day, and that’s more then I can ask for out of my day.
Saw this quote, and it really made me think.. that even though I’m finding uni quite hard at the moment, I have faith that it will all dividends down the track.
“Do what is hard, and life will be easy. Do what is easy, and life will be hard.” – unknown
So tomorrows another 8am start at uni.. which can be a drag sometimes especially after two other 8am starts and multiple big days, but I’ve planned ahead and I’m gonna get to bed early get a good sleep, and wake up happy and refreshed ready to kill this Finance test ( fingers crossed ). And begin studying for the next upcoming test, it’s all a journey and it’s nice to stop sometimes and take a minute for yourself.
I tend to do this, with food, or gym, Im lucky enough to have some good friends ds in my classes and I see them quite a bit which is always nice, but taking a minute just to slow down, breath and just pause, definately adds a little value to my day.
Nervous and excited for tomorrow. Whell see how it all plays out 🙊
So as I write this I’m currently on the long walk home (40mins) from uni to home. I’ve just spent over 12 hours at University most of which I’d like to think was productive. But dispite a mentally exhausting day, I can’t help but smile as I walk home listening to Erhling – No worries while feeling happy 😊
I can’t put a finger on the reason why, but I think it has to do with the combination of productivity and friends today. I did a lot of group work, which most would think was super frustrating, but we have a good group of people, everyone gets along and does what needs to be done, and it’s just nice. Good change from many other past group assignments. On top of that I managed to get alot of study done for wendesdays big test. Which I calming the nervs.
Tomorrows another big day, and I’m surprisingly looking foward to the challenge. So now I have to get home and shower and sleep, rest up for that 6 an alarm.
3 things I’m grateful for today:
- Group assignment teams that cooperate.
- The satisfying feeling of getting things done, and (hopefully) Learning lots.
- For this feeling of happiness that I’ve had all day 😊
Another week has come to an end and it’s always good to assess what worked and what didn’t work for me, figure out what I can do to improve and figure out what needs to change.
I wrote a few pages in my journal, about the; lessons I’ve learned, things that hindered my productivity, things that aided in my productivity, things I could do to stay motivated and productive. And then compiled a simple to do list, and a do NOT do list.
So a few things I learned this week,
- Recognize when you’re on auto pilot, just going through the motions. Take control of the small things, they’ll compound to make a difference in your day. ( Been eating breakfast or lunch in the sun on nice days.)
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, lunch and dinner I can figure out on the go, but breakfast sets up the day for success. (Loving peanut butter on toast lately.)
- Studying doesn’t need to be so hard, sitting down for an hour, and whole heartedly commit to being present and focused for just an hour, is much easier then forcing yourself to study for hours on end. Remove the restistance and you’ll be more open to doing what you need to do. (I’ve been struggling with this,. Lots of resistance around my finance study today especially. )
- When you’re working, work. When you’re playing, play, don’t mix the two. (Also been struggling with this, have a finance test, I need to do well in, and it’s always on my mind, my mind doesn’t get a break, and inturn I end up not studying, because I’m so stressed. )
My to do list:
- Wake up early, usually 6am.
- Plan my day/week in advance.
- Eat well through out the day, bring snacks to uni for in-between meals/classes.
- Cold showers in the morning, ( helps me to stop having super long warm showers in the morning and trowing out my morning routine).
Do Not do list:
- Drink alcohol
- Stay up late, (hate waking up tired and the first thing I can think of is when can I nap today.)
- Snooze alarm, wake up on the first alarm.
- Leave uni early to come home and eat/nap. Stay at uni and be productive.
Another week goes by, and I’m proud of the progress I’ve made, and excited to see where the next week leads me. I known have alot of work todo and it’s going to be tough, but I’m up for the challenge. Will be super satisfying when i can relax next weekend 😊.