It’s Sunday here in NZ, I’m hungover recovering from a pretty wild week, exams are approaching fast for uni, and my priorities are all over the place.
I say ‘wild’ week, because I got all my grades back from the assignments and tests. And I’m happy to say that my grades were good, soooo… I cut lose a little bit, went out Thursday night.. Friday night.. and Saturday night.. no particular reason just wanted to have some fun, but now it’s sunday I feel like shit, I have a finance essay due Monday I need to finish.. so I better get on to that.
So I need change, partying 3/7 days a week isn’t sustainable, physically, mentally, and financially.. starting now, I’m going to get back to cooking good food again, gyming every other day, waking up early. And if I do drink, try and drink in moderation..
Looking at the week ahead I have a good week ahead of me, lots to be grateful for. Going snowboarding on Wednesday night again which will be fun, and also road tripping to Hamilton for a party and a night out with my friends, which will also be fun. However if I’m gonna play hard this week I also need to work hard, (something I didn’t do this week and I feel pretty guilty for it).
So here’s my simple do NOT do list:
- Do NOT Drink alcohol before Thursday. (Thursday don’t get wasted, have fun).
- Do NOT Stay up late, (want to be fully rested come snowboarding and roadtriping).
- Do NOT Buy takeout ( doing a fun this costs money, need to try balance out my eating out with adventures).
- Do NOT be so self critical ( it’s all a journey, enjoy it, take chances, learn from mistakes, grow as a person)
To do list:
- Wake up early, write down goals in journal each morning, just to affirm them into you day.
- Be patient, speak less and listen more.
- Be grateful, show appreciation for the things that make me feel good. Because recognizing them helps draw more good things into your life.
Edit: I find writing these posts very beneficial, very uplifting 😊