Another week has come to an end and it’s always good to assess what worked and what didn’t work for me, figure out what I can do to improve and figure out what needs to change.
I wrote a few pages in my journal, about the; lessons I’ve learned, things that hindered my productivity, things that aided in my productivity, things I could do to stay motivated and productive. And then compiled a simple to do list, and a do NOT do list.
So a few things I learned this week,
- Recognize when you’re on auto pilot, just going through the motions. Take control of the small things, they’ll compound to make a difference in your day. ( Been eating breakfast or lunch in the sun on nice days.)
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, lunch and dinner I can figure out on the go, but breakfast sets up the day for success. (Loving peanut butter on toast lately.)
- Studying doesn’t need to be so hard, sitting down for an hour, and whole heartedly commit to being present and focused for just an hour, is much easier then forcing yourself to study for hours on end. Remove the restistance and you’ll be more open to doing what you need to do. (I’ve been struggling with this,. Lots of resistance around my finance study today especially. )
- When you’re working, work. When you’re playing, play, don’t mix the two. (Also been struggling with this, have a finance test, I need to do well in, and it’s always on my mind, my mind doesn’t get a break, and inturn I end up not studying, because I’m so stressed. )
My to do list:
- Wake up early, usually 6am.
- Plan my day/week in advance.
- Eat well through out the day, bring snacks to uni for in-between meals/classes.
- Cold showers in the morning, ( helps me to stop having super long warm showers in the morning and trowing out my morning routine).
Do Not do list:
- Drink alcohol
- Stay up late, (hate waking up tired and the first thing I can think of is when can I nap today.)
- Snooze alarm, wake up on the first alarm.
- Leave uni early to come home and eat/nap. Stay at uni and be productive.
Another week goes by, and I’m proud of the progress I’ve made, and excited to see where the next week leads me. I known have alot of work todo and it’s going to be tough, but I’m up for the challenge. Will be super satisfying when i can relax next weekend 😊.