Today marks the day of my 7th daily post, and I’m thoroughly enjoying posting to be honest. I don’t expect anyone to read these posts, however if you can gain value from them, that is awesome. I love seeing a new follower, new likes each post, keeps me motivated and also adds a little bit of joy to my day. 🙂
If you know me, you know I enjoy a good quote, and one that’s been on my mind lately is;
“The day you accept full responsibility for what happens to you, is the day you pass from childhood to adulthood.” – Jim Rohn
This stuck with me most of the day, as I ticked off every item on my to-do list. However, it’s Sunday, and the end of a interesting week, I tend to write a little weekly recap of the week just been in my journal, which I’ll share here.
1. Pros and cons of week just been:
Pros: (give yourself praise where praise is due, even for the smaller things).
- Cooked alot more food, tried new things and learn how to make some yummy meals. For example, I made nachos tonight, but I also decided to cook a bacon pepperoni pizza ontop of my nachos. (Was so epic).
- Kept the my daily habits that’s I’ve been trying to build a routine around. For example, eating an apple a day, posting something positive, eating breakfast (I’m always skip breakfast).
Cons: ( Be real with yourself, no point fooling yourself, you know what needs to change).
- Unfortunately I went out and drank 6/7 days this week. Leaving me tired and hungover most of the days. Thus, making it alot harder to be productive and motivated. Definitely need to do something about this come uni again.
- Coupled with the drinking, I ended up spending loads of money I didn’t really have in my budget.
2. Do NOT do list: (I find it’s easier to elimate then to add more to my already busy days).
- Drink alcohol
- Buy takeaway food
3. Goals and purpose for the week ahead: (just writing them down can be enough to keep them in mind and in sight).
- Gym full body. I.e hit all muscle groups.
- Continue my finance study/ catch up.
- Submit Property management assignment
- Start Property valuation assignment
- Continue to learn and experiment with cooking. ( Love creating interesting and tasty easy food ).
This is usually what I try to do every sunday. (Realistically every other Sunday), but I tend to find it gives me a sense of direction for the week ahead and helps me be grateful for the week just been, and lets me identify the areas I need to work on.
Found this quote, which I thought really captured what I was trying to do with my blog/online journal.
“You don’t need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections” – Lewis Howes